Saturday, January 24, 2015

The End Of Winter Warriors X

I know there is one more Saturday in January but we made it through 13 weeks of another Winter Warriors season.

This was one of the most frustrating seasons from a standpoint of score and scoring ability. I failed in so many ways in terms of that.

But I had a blast and feel like I am coming out of the season in a good place.

Yes, I failed to make the top 10 this year after finishing in a solid second place last year.

Yes, the quality of my partners was much lower on average this year as compared to last year.

Yes, I began to tweak my form on the middle of the season.

Yes, that process has yet to yeild the results that I desire.

No, I am not running with a bunch of confidence as I did last year (but look where that got me).

Most importantly, I played a lot more disc golf than I would have without Winter Warriors and yes, I had a lot more fun that I would have had just sitting around doing something else.

I think I am getting back to a place where I feel like I can compete at a high level this up coming season. I feel like I am in a place where my expectations can rightfully be very low and I can go out and just have fun and learn the game a bit better than I currently do. I think there are good things in store and I think I am ready to bust off this plateau.

Things may be different this time around and that may mean a more positive outlook for the season, but there is still much work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment