Thursday, April 16, 2015

One Day Again

Kyle at Phenix Disc Sports is once again running his One Day Series. As is tradition, this year started at Badlands. From what I can tell, things feel a bit different this year, but I am not quite sure what it is about the event that feels different from last year. This series last year had some of my best and worst days on the very some course. It was really hard to tell what exactly this might bring for me this year. And of course I was still battling the poison oak from California for this first event of the series.

The first round was really the naightmare that no one wants to admit that they have had. Things look so good on many occasions and the putts were just not falling. I am pretty certain that on most holes I found a way to hit basket or chains but not see my disc go into the basket. Putts that normally are no brain putts were just not wanting to go in. Perfect tee shots somehow find their way into the middle of the thorn bush with no easy way out. I threw an ideal tee shot across the lake only to watch is slide down the wrong side of the building and leave me with no putt. Bad breaks and good putts that were just not going into the basket made for a very long round.

The second round was slightly better, but with nothing to loose there really wasn't much sense in playing things safe. Yeah, I watched my disc find out of bounds on more than one occasion because of that. Yeah, the round was not quite what I had hoped for. At least I made a few more putts and had fun in the process. I really just wish I would have not messed up the last hole of the tournament and taken a bogey that cost me a few places in the final standings.

I am looking forward to what the One Day Series might bring for me this year, but as it looks, I may not be able to make as many events this time around. There are too many other good events happening at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment