Friday, April 17, 2015

The Best Christmas Present

Back in December when my parents asked me what I wanted for Christmas I told them a little story how I was now a professional disc golfer and wanted some sort of sports massage of thearapy that would help me be more of a professional. That is when my dad's brain went to work and produced one of the best Christmas presents ever.

My dad is getting older, sad to say, and has had a few surgeries in his time. He has had knee, back and shoulder surgeries. With jsut about every surgery and often times to prevent surgery from needing to be done, he has had physical thearapy. So, my dad connected me with his physical thearapist, Mark Holmes and Cactus Sport and Spine, just down the way from my house. Mark has specialized in treating athletes in various different sports and was all too happy to attempt to help me with a sport that he had not yet worked with.

My dad basically gave me the gift witht he hope of preventing any serious injuries from happening. My hope was and still is that I can get in better shape and be able to throw the disc further than I ever have. I have had two sessions so far and I honestly believe that it is helping significantly. We will see if there are transferable results.

No comments:

Post a Comment