Friday, December 7, 2012

Winter Warriors 8

No, I am not ready to write all my goals out for next years disc golf season, but I figured it was probably time to talk about Winter Warriors this year while I was doing well.

Winter Warriors is really the main way I am keeping up with the Disc Golf community here locally as we have this weekly event during November, December and January. Right now with a little less than half the season gone I am sitting in 10th place with things looking up.

I really like Winter Warriors for many reasons.

1. We are raising money for the Food Bank of the Rockies.
2. The rounds are more about having fun that winnig and oddly enough I play better with this mindset.
3. It is a chance to play many of the different great courses around the front range.
4. It keeps me focused on playing Disc Golf during the winter.
5. Weather has no way to cancel events, that is why they call it Winter Warriors.

Now, last winter was the first time I played in a full compliment of these events and we all know what kind of season I had the next Spring, Summer and Fall. But it makes no sesnse as to why this would be the case. Playing is one of the best ways to help you practice your form and is good mental practice for when the events become more serious. It is also a great way to try out some new things without the consequences being that serious. So far I have been taking advantage of this reality and I feel this will help more than last year. Also, while in the midst of changing my form this year, the more I play now, the more it will be ready for the next tournament season.

I have played with some great people this year, but I have learned that I am well established in my local disc golf community because there has only been one person that I have not known all that well that I have played with this season.

I really am writing myself this blog so that I can rememebr the reasons why I am playing in these events. I think it will help me keep focused to make this as fruitful as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment