Thursday, April 4, 2013

Most Ironic Ace Ever!

I am not normally one who attempts the ace run. I would much prefer to land the disc right next to the basket for the easy two and most aces I have had mean that it was going to end up far enough away that I would have had a tough putt for the two. But of course when it goes in on one throw, there is just something that gets you. It is that childhood joy that you just can't explain. Like pure wonder and amazement just surging through your body.

Well, this past Easter Sunday I got my 4th ace ever in Disc Golf. I was at my parents house and we went out as a family to play the course that is at the park right down the street. When they were putting the course in my parents made a nice donation for baskets and tee signs. The course only has 12 holes and I was playing like I was just coming out of a slump. It wasn't pretty but it was getting the job done, even par. We came up to the last hole and noticed on the tee sign that it was the hole my parents are credited with sponsoring. The tag line my mom wanted to use was, "Praying For Aces." Appropriate enough for a short 156 foot hole. Before we threw we all kinda had a moment where we were thankful that we had the opportunity to sponsor this hole. I pulled out my nice purple Summit that might pass for an Easter Egg and threw a little hyzer flip shot up the gut and straight into the chains.

So, on Easter, I throw my disc that looks like an Easter egg and ace a hole that my family sponsored with the tag line, "Praying for Aces." As I think about it now I can't imagine there is a more ironic ace in disc golf ever. I hope I can always remember this story while playing disc golf because as I think about it now, it really puts things in perspective. It is all a game that is fun and should be played with that childlike joy that you get from an ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment