Thursday, July 24, 2014

Apparently I Play Better In The Morning - Day Three At Am Worlds

Well, as frustrating as yesterday was, there were aspects fo today that were even more frustrating. This evening I feel more apt to actually talk about it which lends itself to mean that today was not as bad as yesterday, but I am not so sure that is the case.

The first round of the day was back at CP Adams for the second consecutive day. I played with a great group of guys. They were fun and enjoyable, even if I was laughing to myself about how oblivious the guy with headphones was to what was going on around him. I shot well. I shot really well. It was right up there with the first round of the tournament ratings wise but felt so much better than even that round. I had just a couple of misses and lots of good gets. I couldn't make a jump putt to save my life, but fortunately it only cost me about three strokes in the end, and realistically, I would have gotten maybe one of those if things were going well in that department. I also took my only 5 at CP Adams on my second to last hole, a hole that should be a relatively easy three. None the less, I shot -7 and was happy to be moving myself back into the position I wanted to be in.

The afternoon was met with every bad bounce imaginable in addition to being that much off my game. When I threw a bad shot, it really wasn't that bad. When I threw a good shot it felt like I got a bad kick. I struggled. I fought. I really felt like I played well. But in the end I was the low man on my card by more than it should have been and will probably have this round be the lowest rated round of the tournament for me. I am only speculating on the rating.

This brings me to a very interesting observation. The two rounds that I have been the most frustrated with at this years worlds have been my afternoon rounds. I will only have two of them in the preliminary rounds thankfully, but they were both just off. I am sure part of that is the fatigue of a morning round on top of other issues like weather, but it still seems weird to just not be playing that well in the afternoon.

One more round garunteed tomorrow and I need to make it a good one at what might be one of the toughest courses for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment