Monday, July 14, 2014

Reaction To Am Worlds Player Pools Being Posted

I was really hoping to make another post before this one, but alas my anxiousness cannot contain this post inside of me. All day today I took spare moments of time to check on what pool I might be in for Am Worlds. It was not until dinner time that they were finally posted, but I would imagine that I have the Am Worlds registration list page close to 20 hits today. Even now I continue to check just to make sure and to see who else, as if I even know them, I might be playing with.

As I mentioned in my last post I was secretly hoping to be put in the C pool as I liked how their schedule for the first two days broke down. I also took the A pool as a backup. Well, my first choice was not granted to me, but for the second straight year I was placed in the A pool with all the best rated players. Last year it gave me momentum at the start that faded by the third round. This year I am hoping the momentum will be sustained through the entire tournament.

I was also excited to see that one other guy from Colorado, probably the other person who could shoot well from Colorado and make some noise, was also placed in the same A pool as myself. I have also seen several of the guys in the A pool at Am Nats. It will have a bit of a familiar feel to it and I am quite pleased with that reality.

The A pool also means that I get to start with one round on the first day of competition on what is probably the easiest course I will play in the tournament. I think this actually adds a bit of pressure to the equation. In the past I have always had that must score low round for my very last round. This year I get it for my very first round. I know I will score well at this course. I only hope that the butterflies are not there as they were in Charlotte. I hope it feels more like Emporia where I came out and shot a round that put me in the top half of the A pool after the first round.

I was also waiting for this to help determine my practice schedule. So, this is my tentative practice schedule:

Wednesday July 16th
Arrive in Minnesota
Pm Round At Oakwood

Thursday July 17th
Am Round At Kaposia
Pm Round At Kaposia

Friday July 18th
Am Round At C.P Adams
Pm Round At Kenwood

Saturday July 19th
Am Round At The Valley
Pm Round TBD

Sunday July 20th
Am Field Events
Pm Round TBD

Monday July 21st
Day of Rest
Players Meeting

Tuesday July 22nd
Competition Begins
Am Round At Kenwood

Wednesday July 23rd
Am Round At C.P. Adams
Pm Round At Kaposia
THE GREAT SHUFFLE

And after that will depend on how things went up till now.

Thursday July 24th
Am Round TBD
Pm Round TBD

Friday July 25th
Am Round TBD
Pm Round TBD

Saturday July 26th
Semi Final Round TBD
Finals At Como Park (I'll be there one way or the other, though I much prefer to be playing rather than watching)

Sunday July 27th
Return Home To Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment